Monday, October 28, 2013

"None is Enough" Reflection


None is Enough By: Lauren Sandler


 

After reading what Lauren Sandler had to say in her story, I have to agree with her. Many couples in this time period now don’t feel the need to have a baby in order to be happy. Years ago, there was more pressure on woman to have children and it was a requirement for them if they wanted to fit in with society and their families. Since our class discussion is about parent and child love, I think there is a huge category of love that is designated to that. Adults feel a different type of love when they have a child. They also feel more responsibility since it is their duty to help the child in life. Having a child isn’t for everyone though. Sometimes it helps people mature and grow up but for some it is a huge mistake. In the article, I was able to really see why some woman don’t want to have kids. Children can really tie you down and is not in everyone’s interests. To some it can be a burden that’s not worth it. By women wanting and thinking this way, it can cause problems between marriages. Some men and husbands might want children causing controversy in a marriage between them. Reading this article has also made me think about my future decisions with children. With all the added costs of having children, I wonder if I will want that or not. If I get married will my husband want kids or not? After reading this article it has opened my eyes to another side of my possible future that I have never considered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment